Every day I hear ads on the radio that make me change the station. It makes me laugh when I think about how a company paid the radio station some money to repeatedly air an ad, which is so abnoxious to me that the company, the radio station, and all of the station's other advertisers lose a listener (and I would assume many others) every time the ad airs.
So, by playing these ads, not only will I never buy anything from the company, but I'm either switching to competing radio stations (until they play this type of ad), or listen to a CD. Now, the competing radio stations are probably not really competitors, since Clear Channel probably owns all of them, but when I listen to a CD it certainly doesn't help any of these companies.
Ads that grate on my nerves and make me want to go postal:
Shaw's Jewelers - painfully annoying singing, same singer and basically the same song for *at least* 7 years now, and I've been switching the station every single time I hear the first note for all of those years. When I have to buy jewelry someday, I will go anywhere except for this place, because they've been trying to torture me for so long.
Adelphia high-speed internet - abnoxious, infectious music.. some kind of wind instrument is the prominent and annoying sound. All it takes is one note from that instrument to make me switch the station. What's worse is that they're trying to torture me, but their service is something that's confined to particular geographic areas, which do not include my house. So I couldn't use their service even if I didn't hate them for their annoying ads.
Those are the two that have been pissing me off the most in the past week, since I started thinking about the phenomenon they cause (me changing station) and the repercussions that causes for the stations and their other advertisers. Of course there are always annoying ads everywhere, but certain ones just really get to me.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Counterproductive ads
Posted by
spugbrap
at
8:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment