Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Is FOX trying out Google AdSense for their TV commercials now?

It's not much of a stretch to believe that, although I have absolutely no facts to back up that idea. It certainly can't be too far off, the way things are going with Google these days.

My only basis for posing this question is this:

I just watched this week's episode of 24 last night, in which the phrase "marshall law" was frequently mentioned. I didn't fast forward through some of the commercials, because I was doing something else and it wasn't convenient to do so, and one of them caught my attention (during two different commercial breaks).

It was an ad for the department store, Marshalls, which started out with the line "Marshall's Law Number 21..." (or something like that).

It was probably purely coincidental, but if it was done on purpose somehow, that was pretty clever! I've never seen/heard that ad before, but a Yahoo search for "marshall's law number" did return this page, which makes it look like they did have ads with a similar opening line in December 2005.

0 comments: